Saturday, December 18, 2010

NWU, ABU, and MARPAT are here!

I have spent the last few months scouring the web for these fabrics and after waiting nearly two weeks for delivery, NWU, ABU and MARPAT are finally here and in stock on my website!


There are a couple things I would like to address. Firstly, there will be a small surcharge for the ABU, MARPAT, and NWU. Why is there a surcharge? As an Army Wife I have almost unlimited resources for ACUs and my prices include the cost of  re-purposed ACUs provided from my stock.  This is not the case for MARPAT, NWU, and ABU. I've spent months trying to find these fabrics and hours of research trying to find a company that wouldn't overcharge me on shipping. For those of you who are wondering where I order my fabric from, I hope you understand why I don't want to reveal my supplier after all the work I put into finding them.  

All you have to do is select your camouflage choice from the drop down menu as seen below.  If you request an item made with NWU, ABU, or MARPAT it will not be made with a re-purposed uniform; it will be made with fabric that is the same weight and quality that you would find in a uniform.  I charge a small fee for use of these fabrics in order to offset the extra cost I spend in order to have MARPAT, NWU, and ABU in stock.   The fee will vary from item to item.  Please contact me if you have any questions and thanks for understanding.


Secondly, I realize that I am not the first person to take an old Army uniform, cut it up, and make it into something new. I know I'm not the only ACU business out there. However, I work extremely hard to come up with new ideas and creative designs. I will never duplicate the designs of another business. I believe in expressing my own creativity, not that of someone else. I am very proud to say that I make most of my own patterns so it is pretty clear when a design of mine is being duplicated.  Once again, I respectfully request that no one copies my ideas and uses them for their own profit. 

Christmas is only a week away and this will be the first Christmas in as long as I can remember that I won't see snow. Though I have to admit that I'm pretty happy not to be at Fort Drum anymore since they're already buried in snow!  I know that if you are reading this then you are a supporter of me and of my business and I can't thank you enough. I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful and blessed Christmas. For those of you who will be celebrating Christmas without your hero at home, please know that I am sending you extra Christmas wishes. I've been in your shoes...twice. I know how hard the holidays can be. Thank you for the sacrifices your family is making and Merry Christmas from ACUnique Boutique!

-Megan

1 comment:

  1. Congratz on the addition of the new fabrics!! Can't wait to order (more) ABU things! :D

    ReplyDelete